Caring for your Linnea's Lights Candles
Candles are safe products, but unless they are used safely and watched carefully, they can lead to an accidental fire.
Caring for your candle
Candles are safe products, but unless they are used safely and watched carefully, they can lead to an accidental fire. Linnea’s Lights® takes candle care seriously and we urge consumers to be careful when burning candles. We recommend following the National Candle Association’s rules for burning candles safely.
Always keep a burning candle within sight. Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
Trim candlewicks to a quarter inch each time before burning. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents. Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Never touch a burning candle or move a votive or container candle when the wax is liquid. Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another. Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle. Never extinguish candles with water. Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room. Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers repeatedly or the flame becomes too high.